Updated November 2022
Kodály clearly articulated that quality music education requires quality teachers. Kodály Australia has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to supporting teachers by providing quality professional learning experiences, resources and support opportunities. This support is most needed by pre-service and early career teachers, and Kodály Australia is committed to developing our future music educators.
We are pleased to announce that the National Council has approved ongoing FREE student 12-month Kodály Australia membership. The details are outlined below:
- The initiative follows trial runs from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2022 (extended from 30 September 2020).
- Free 12-month membership to part-time or full-time study at an Australian university completing a Bachelor of Music (any major) and/or either undergraduate or postgraduate initial teacher education (E.g. Bachelor of Education, Graduate Diploma of Education, Master of Teaching)
- Postgraduate study at the Kodály Institute, Hungary, or the Kodály Center, Holy Names University, USA, and has previously been an ordinary member of the association
- Costs of other Kodály Australia services and products are at the discretion of National Council and individual Branches and may vary.
- Evidence of student enrolment is required before the application for membership can be processed.
- Student members are Associate Members and do not have voting rights or able to hold a formal position on a committee. They can choose to pay Full Membership to have these rights.
It is hoped this initiative will make information about Kodály Australia services and products more accessible to pre-service teachers and is an investment in the future of Australian music education.
Please assist us in the promotion of this exciting initiative.
It is with great sadness that we inform our community of the passing of Honorary Life Member Gabrielle Emery-Reece. Gabrielle made a significant contribution to Kodály Australia through both the Queensland Branch and National Council as a committee member, Vice President …
On behalf of Kodály Australia, I write to thank you for your support this year and offer our best wishes for the festive season. I trust that your work for this year is nearing completion and that you will soon …
The Kodály Australia National Council were delighted to receive impressive applications and nominations for the 2022 Awards for Excellence in Australian Kodály-inspired Music Education. It was inspiring to see a high number of peer-nominations across each of the five categories. …
I am humbled to be elected as President of the Kodály Music Education Institute of Australia. The President along with members of the National Council provide leadership and governance of our association. I look forward to working with the 2022-2024 Council members …
On behalf of Kodály Australia, I write to thank you for your support this year and offer our season’s greetings. I trust your work has now wrapped up for the year, and you are celebrating the festive season with family …