Updated July 2020
Kodály clearly articulated that quality music education requires quality teachers. Kodály Australia has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to supporting teachers by providing quality professional learning experiences, resources and support opportunities. This support is most needed by pre-service and early career teachers, and Kodály Australia is committed to developing our future music educators.
We are pleased to announce that the National Council has approved a 2-year trial of FREE student 12-month Kodály Australia membership. The details are outlined below:
- 2-year trial from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2020.
- Free 12-month membership to part-time or full-time study at an Australian university completing a Bachelor of Music (any major) and/or either undergraduate or postgraduate initial teacher education (E.g. Bachelor of Education, Graduate Diploma of Education, Master of Teaching)
- Postgraduate study at the Kodály Institute, Hungary, or the Kodály Center, Holy Names University, USA, and has previously been an ordinary member of the association
- Costs of other Kodály Australia services and products are at the discretion of National Council and individual Branches and may vary.
- Evidence of student enrolment is required before the application for membership can be processed.
- Student members are Associate Members and do not have voting rights or able to hold a formal position on a committee. They can choose to pay Full Membership to have these rights.
It is hoped this initiative will make information about Kodály Australia services and products more accessible to pre-service teachers and is an investment in the future of Australian music education.
Please assist us in the promotion of this exciting initiative.
Join fellow educators throughout the world for a day of inspiring online presentations, practical workshops and engaging discussions led by internationally renowned leaders. The Summit will be recorded and all registered will receive access to the recording. So if you can’t make it on the day, still …
Kodály Australia stands against racism and discrimination in all forms. The Black Lives Matter movement has energised important conversations and learning in the global music education community concerning systemic racism and oppression, cultural appropriation, decolonisation, and censorship of indigenous cultures. …
I am pleased to announce that Kodály Australia has recently partnered with the South Australia Government Department for Education Music Education Strategy and the International Society for Music Education. The Music Education Strategy (MES) aspires to increase access to valued …
After close consultation with stakeholders and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 Kodály Australia Conference until September/October 2022 to be held in Canberra, ACT. Having spent the best part of 2 years preparing for …
Kodály Qld would like to share the following online resources with all Kodály Australia members. We do ask that you don’t share any of the members-only links with anyone who is not a current member – instead, encourage them to …