Updated November 2022
Kodály clearly articulated that quality music education requires quality teachers. Kodály Australia has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to supporting teachers by providing quality professional learning experiences, resources and support opportunities. This support is most needed by pre-service and early career teachers, and Kodály Australia is committed to developing our future music educators.
We are pleased to announce that the National Council has approved ongoing FREE student 12-month Kodály Australia membership. The details are outlined below:
- The initiative follows trial runs from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2022 (extended from 30 September 2020).
- Free 12-month membership to part-time or full-time study at an Australian university completing a Bachelor of Music (any major) and/or either undergraduate or postgraduate initial teacher education (E.g. Bachelor of Education, Graduate Diploma of Education, Master of Teaching)
- Postgraduate study at the Kodály Institute, Hungary, or the Kodály Center, Holy Names University, USA, and has previously been an ordinary member of the association
- Costs of other Kodály Australia services and products are at the discretion of National Council and individual Branches and may vary.
- Evidence of student enrolment is required before the application for membership can be processed.
- Student members are Associate Members and do not have voting rights or able to hold a formal position on a committee. They can choose to pay Full Membership to have these rights.
It is hoped this initiative will make information about Kodály Australia services and products more accessible to pre-service teachers and is an investment in the future of Australian music education.
Please assist us in the promotion of this exciting initiative.
Recently a concert was held to honour Judy Johnson, recipient of the 2023 International Katalin Forrai Award. Judy is known to many in our community for her incredible contribution to Kodály-inspired music education in Australia and abroad. A recording of the concert can be …
The International Kodály Society (IKS) has recently announced the Sarolta Kodály Scholarship I. The scholarship supports postgraduate study undertaken during the 2024-25 academic year at the Kodály Institute of the Liszt Academy. Applications are due no later than 15 January 2024. Full information, …
As we approach the end of 2023, I offer best wishes from Kodály Australia for the festive season and new year ahead. Much has been achieved this year, including: Special events to celebrate 50 years of Kodály Australia More than …
It is an honour to introduce the 2024 Awards for Excellence in Australian Kodály-inspired Music Education. These awards aim to recognise members of our community who in the past two years have made an exceptional contribution and impact in one of …
The International Kodály Society offers fee waiver scholarships to support participation in Kodály-inspired professional development. The closing date is 1 November 2023. Full information including selection criteria and eligibility is available on the IKS website. With best wishes Jason Boron …