Events by Category
- ACT Events
- AKC Courses
- Endorsed Events
- International Events
- National Events
- NSW Events
- QLD Events
- SA Events
- VIC Events
- WA Events
- This event has passed.
WA: Australian Kodály Certificate Course 2016
2 July 2016 - 10 July 2016
Participant checklist available for download. Page updated 27 June 2016.
Held over two blocks delivered across the term 2 and term 3 school holidays, a Primary and Secondary Level 1, 2 and 3 teacher training course will be running in Perth 2016.
Successful completion will allow participants to complete Level 2 and 3 in subsequent years to fulfil the requirements of the Australian Kodály Certificate.
Block 1 (8 days): Saturday 2 July to Sunday 10 July 2016 (day off: Wednesday 6 July)
Block 2 (2 days): Saturday 1 October to Sunday 2 October 2016
*Participants must complete the full 10 days to be awarded their Certificate.
Venue: Presbyterian Ladies’ College, Perth. 14 McNeil Street, Peppermint Grove, Western Australia.
Course Lecturers: Celia Christmass, Anne Comiskey, Daniel Crump, Réka Csernyik, Dr James Cuskelly, Tess Laird, Philippa Roy, Rosalie Scott, Kate Thompson
Course Coordinator: Jason Boron (firstname.lastname@example.org)
View more videos on our YouTube site.
For course information, including costs, please download the Course Brochure. Prospective participants and KMEIA members are encouraged to take advantage of the significantly discounted super early bird registration.
- Musicianship & Conducting Level Placement Guide (PDF) – updated 29/2/2016
Single subject enrolments (Musicianship, Choir or Conducting) should email email@example.com to register.
Payment can be made upon receipt of invoice (sent after registration has been processed) using one of the following methods: credit card, direct deposit or cheque.
The WA Branch is offering up to four scholarships for KMEIA members (who reside in WA) to the value of half the super-early-bird course registration fee. Scholarship applications have now closed. Applicants will be notified shortly regarding the outcome of their application.
*KMEIA members not successful in their application for a scholarship will be offered registration at the discounted super-early-bird rate.
Information for Enrolled Participants
Course outlines and song materials, and final check list will be uploaded during March 2016.
Participants are strongly urged to read further information about the Australian Kodály Certificate in Music Education.
- Final Checklist – Getting ready for the Perth AKC Course 2016 (updated 27 June 2016)
- Daily Timetable (updated 26 June 2016)
- Textbook order form. Set texts are required to complete course requirements. Recommended texts provide supplementary information but are not required to complete the course. Sound Thinking Australia is our recommended reseller. Please note that the KMEIA QLD DVDs Musical Beginnings and Music in the Middle Years will be on sale during the AKC course.
- Parking information (updated 27 June 2016)
- Primary 1 Methodology, Teaching Techniques and Cultural Materials
- Primary 2 Methodology, Teaching Techniques, Cultural Materials
- Primary 3 Methodology, Teaching Techniques, Cultural Materials
- Secondary 1 Methodology, Teaching Techniques, Cultural Materials
- Secondary 2 Methodology, Teaching Techniques, Cultural Materials
- Secondary 3 Methodology, Teaching Techniques, Cultural Materials
- Musicianship Level 1-3
- Musicianship Level 4
- Musicianship Level 5
- Musicianship Level 6
- Musicianship Level 7
- Choir (Extension Studies)
Please note that the Song Collections for Primary and Secondary Level 3 will be uploaded during April 2016.
- Core Song Collection Primary 1
- Core Song Collection Primary 2
- Core Song Collection Primary 3
- Core Song Collection Secondary 1
- Core Song Collection Secondary 2 (provided with permission by Sound Thinking Australia)
- Core Song Collection Secondary 3 (provided with permission by Sound Thinking Australia)
Conducting repertoire will be distributed in class on day 1 of the course.