It is an honour to introduce the 2024 Awards for Excellence in Australian Kodály-inspired Music Education. These awards aim to recognise members of our community who in the past two years have made an exceptional contribution and impact in one of the following categories:
- Innovation – for outstanding innovation in Australian Kodály-inspired music education
- Research – for outstanding research output (including traditional and creative works) investigating Australian Kodály-inspired music education
- Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Perspectives – for an outstanding example of including Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ perspectives in Australian Kodaly-inspired music education
- Early Career Teacher (within five years of completing initial teacher education) – for an outstanding example of early-career teaching practice informed by Australian Kodály-inspired music education
- Mentoring – for an outstanding example of mentoring in Australian Kodály-inspired music education
The full information sheet (including selection criteria) and nomination form can be downloaded from our national website (https://kodaly.org.au/awards/excellence/). Nominations are being accepted from 1 January to 31 March 2024 and will be considered by the National Council Scholarships and Awards Committee. Recipients will be announced in May and acknowledged at a special presentation at the 2024 Kodály Australia Conference in Naarm/Melbourne from 23 to 26 September (https://kodalyaustraliaconference.org.au). Delegate registration for the conference is now open!
These awards are a wonderful opportunity to celebrate members of our community. I strongly encourage you to consider nominating yourself or a colleague – let’s not let remarkable work go unnoticed!
With best wishes
(Kodály Music Education Institute of Australia Incorporated)
An affiliated national institutional member of the International Kodály Society